The One Question You Can Ask That Can Change Your Life…
by Joseph Ratliff
We’re conditioned from an early age to “just conform”, “just trust the government”, “just get a secure job”, and “just deal with it.”
I used to follow that path. In fact, up until 2001, I was drinking ALL the “kool-aid” of the typical conditioned lifestyle.
Then I asked the most powerful question I think more people need to ask themselves (and other people), so a different perspective starts to take place.
The question is “Why?”.
- “Why do I need to run across the house to answer the phone every time it rings?” (answering machine or voice mail anyone?)
- “Why can’t I express my creative ideas?” (no one said you couldn’t, and if they did, they’re idiots)
- “Why do I feel prisoner to a job I hate?” (that’s your choice, and your choice alone)
- “Why am I relying on someone else (employer) to provide the lifestyle they dictate I’m limited to?” (again, your choice)
- “Why can’t I just go out and have a better life?”
- “Why do I let other people manage my time?” (it is your time, isn’t it?)
- And on…and on…
So start today, start asking why…challenge the status quo according to other people, stop and smell the roses…and live the life that is yours (and no one elses).
Because if you don’t live your life, other people will be happy to keep dictating how you live it. That I promise.