by Joseph Ratliff
Slowing down seems (keyword: seems) hard to do in today’s “instant” society with texts, cell phones, Droids, laptops, etc…etc…
But I call big, fat, piles of bullshit on anyone who says they “can’t” slow down on a moment’s notice.
What do I mean by “slowing down”?
- Enjoying each and every face to face conversation you have with another person, and then making time to have quite a few more.
- Quit texting while driving.
- No cell phones while driving.
- If you’re within 1000 feet of the person you wish to speak with…then walk the rest of the way and talk to them face to face.
- Have you just stopped for a minute and enjoyed the fact that all of this is here?
- And on…and on…
But it seems hard to slow down with all this technology flying around, all those TV commercials about the next “Droid-thingy”, and all your other friends telling you about the next cool gadget they just bought…etc…etc… right?
All those things represent is stuff. Big piles of stuff.
Will you be remembered for the stuff you acquired in life? Will your legacy, the one you leave your kids and grandkids be filled with things? What meaningful, life-changing conversations have you tried to have with the people who mattered most in your life?
Do you want to gather up a big pile of stuff, or be known for something meaningful?
Think about that today.